The other I had a very distressed four year old on my hands. It was bed time and she was screaming and not settling. I figured she was missing out on some 'mummy attention' during the day, and this little drama was her way of filling her love bucket so to speak. She calmed and we talked and I promised her I would fix it by giving her quality time the next day.
The day dawned and my little one hadn't forgotten my promise. She made it her business to insure she got her time and when the other two drew near, she would shoo them away, fiercely defensive of 'her' quality time. What then transpired was an outcry from the other two that they also wanted some quality time.
It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that we all want quality time with someone special. God created us for relationship. Firstly, with him and then with each other. We all want to be loved and validated and to feel secure and accepted.
As I thought about meeting these needs in my children, I also pondered how much our loving Heavenly Father wants quality time with His children. Why we do we look in so many obscure places for the love and validation that He longs to gives us if only we would go to Him.
So my challenge today is to make time, quality time, to build my relationship with my Father God. He is my source. He is the love I need. Then I can give out this love to my children and meet their needs.
No comments:
Post a Comment