Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Peace, slow...

In this fast paced, busy, overflowing life I am thirsty for slow. I need calm and peace and am seeking for where such things can be found.  I am working on decluttering my environment and creating a a calmer space to dwell in.

More and more I begin to see that peace is only found in Yeshua.  He is my peace.  He is the Prince of Peace.  He freely gives us this peace.  So why don't more of us have it?  There must be a secret to abiding and embracing His shalom which I have yet to discover.

My early moments of quiet are so quick to flea in light of noisy demands, to do lists, the phone ringing......and I am left wanting.  I am weary of all the rushing, of every thing being such an emergency. Every request has such urgency in it's tone. 

Yeshua never seems to rush anywhere.  In light of potential death He still avoids the pressure to hurry.  Did Jairus have urgency in his request? He must have, his daughter was dying.  Why doesn't Jesus come more quickly, how can he possibly stop to heal this woman? And yet, Jesus maintains His peace and moves at His pace and most importantly commands the atmosphere in which He moves.  Wow, I would love to be like. 

Not to let others move me, stress me, pressure me.  To maintain my peace, composure and calm. 

Again, when Lazarus dies, He still doesn't rush to the scene.  There is a higher purpose to His timimng.

I want to lean from Yeshua.  How to be in the midst of the storm.  How to not be a people pleaser.  How to please Him, by walking in His peace. His SHALOM.  Please Lord, help me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment